EVOLUTION is a performance, tactics, and analysis software for racing yachts. Discover what the system can do for you.
Easy to use, you can adopt it at the pace of your team. It is designed without unnecessary complexities. It is highly reliable. It works on any computer running any version of Microsoft Windows.
EVOLUTION is packed with powerful functions. It would not be easy to summarize them all in a few lines. Yet, we can detail the main ones in the following areas. Please check each tab.
Performance is one of the essential concepts in any racing yacht. It relates to our ability to sail at the boat’s maximum capacity.
We only consider the boat’s speed through the water when talking about performance. Our position, destination, current flow, wind direction, or other geographical references are irrelevant.
The expected performance (targets) comes from the perceived wind (TWA/TWS) and the boat’s polar curves.
EVOLUTION calculates the following target values and sends them to the instrument’s displays.
- Boat speed target in Optimum VMG mode. This indicator helps us consistently steer at the best VMG in upwind legs.
- Wind angle (TWA) target in Optimum VMG mode. It gives us a reference for sailing at the best VMG in downwind legs.
- Boat speed target for any TWA-TWS. It allows us to know our performance in any navigation condition.
- Difference between the target and the actual heel. This is a hint of incorrect sail trim (over-powered), resulting in excessive leeway,
With these simple targets, the helmsperson and the trimmers can keep the boat at its best in any race condition. For example:
- You can sail at the best VMG by comparing the target against your actual value on upwind or downwind legs.
- After a tack, it is easy to do progressive sail trim while the boat speeds up to its target in the shortest possible time.
- You can avoid sailing above your heel target, giving away unnecessary leeway.